Sunday, March 11, 2018

Few Camping Pics from Lake Pleasant

Some friend's and I try to go camping semi regularly. This March, we went to Lake Pleasant. I had never camped there before, but I had a book that told us the best spots to tent camp in the state, so we picked those spots and went. We had particularly pretty sunrises there.


Sunsets weren't bad either and the moon reflecting of the lake was pretty around 1 or 2 in the morning.

There was a fair amount of water fowl on the lake.

The first night ended up really windy. I should have take down our pop up canopy. It was ruined by morning. the leg broke off. It was so noisy flapping all night, it sounded like we were in a hurricane.




Here is the crew, Victoria, Dericka and Lynnora.

There are wild burros at Lake Pleasant and we saw this one on our way in. The first night, this guy or someone who looks a lot like him, opened Lynnora's closed tub, pulled out a bag of marshmallows, and ate them bag and all. The second night, a burro came by and knocked the lid off the trash can and was trying to get stuff out of there. First time I ever had that happen.

The squirrel's were just as brave during the day. Coming right up to us. I imagine people have fed them. I left some bread in a bag when we left one day and they had a squirrel party while we were gone. I had to go get some more bread for our dinner.  We also heard coyotes, burros and owls. Lynnora and Dericka both saw skunks every night.


Me and Dericka. I ended up pretty sunburned before we were done.

We divide up the meals so we only have to make 2 each. When you don't have to do too many, we end up eating pretty well!


And being so close to Phoenix, we could invite some friends out to roast hot dogs and make s'mores with us one night!

No comments: