Thursday, May 29, 2008

Moorish Architecture



One of the reasons I really wanted to go to Spain was to see the Moorish architecture. Unfortunately, the way it worked out, we were not able to go to Grenada where the Alhambra is. Malaga had an old Moorish palace which we got rushed through. Edith and I aren't very good at being rushed and so I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I wanted to. Still...what little time we were there, I enjoyed the details. Here are some examples of the Moorish arches and intricate stone and tile work. It is interesting to see how the Moorish, Jewish, Christian and Spanish styles have worked and merged together over the years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous you and Edith went on vacay!!!! It looks like you had a blast and these are awesome pictures!!! Beautiful!!

Rachel E.