Friday, January 22, 2010

Cool Scarves

I just made these two cool scarves. I downloaded the patterns from epatterns.com. I really like them both. And they were really pretty easy and I was able to use some of my left over scrap yarn.
This is the Pineapple scarf. I am still considering sewing some beads on it, but I pretty much like it the way it is.



This one I did sew beads on the motifs on the ends. I thought it would help it lay flatter. I don't know that it does, but I like it anyway. I have gotten lots of compliments when I wear it. It looks sort of like leaves when I wear it.
I am going to try a very lightweight sweater next. I haven't done too many of those. I am still learning after all these years!

3 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Way to Go! I'm so impressed! I was going through Grace's blankets the other day and found the one you made for her, she has been sleeping with it every night since :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, I thought they were dresser scarfs at first but I can see how beautiful they are worn! Both very lovely in their own right!

whitesilkpurse said...

Both are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

Hope your surgery went well and that you are home recuperating quickly. Enjoy your down time. Hope it's painfree!