Sunday, September 25, 2011

Brain Dead?

My friend Lezlee writes a very insightful and interesting blog. She spends a time thinking about it. My friend Cindy's blog is often funny and amusing. My blog? It's like a picture book.
When I was a kid, I was quite scornful of books that were just pictures. Those didn't take any smarts to "read" and I was proud of being smart. So what has happened to me? I have actually been thinking about the fact that I don't do a lot of heavy duty thinking. I wonder about the influence of having children. Does the fact that you have to explain things, teach, monitor and interact with them all the time keep your brain going? It is kind of opposite the traditional belief that the "career woman" is the one with the intellectual challenges.
I have an advanced college degree. But when I come home, I find what I want to do most is create. I want to craft, paint, crochet, cook and read. And my blog is a reflection of my nonending making things. It is refreshing to me to lose myself in a creative process. And I can't seem to be bothered with thinking about much entertaining to write to go along with the photos.
So I sometimes question what is going on upstairs, but not enough to do a whole lot about it. I'm having too much fun making baby blankets and muffins.

3 comments:

Bandanamom said...

Thanks for the nice comment about my blog Suzanne. I think you probably do enough thinking at work and then when you get home it makes sense that you'd just want to create. I have a feeling if you thought you could make a ton of money off of it, you'd just be creating all the time as a career. But maybe that would take all the enjoyment out of it. I don't know. They say you should do as a career that which you are compelled to do in your spare time. Which means I should have a career organizing images on pinterest. :)

Cynthia said...

Haha, I think we all worry about what is going on upstairs at times.

Unknown said...

I, for one, have been very inspired by your blog. I have yet to get a garden started, but want to every time I see those great pictures.