Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Monument Valley on the Fly

I did a big trip around the Navajo and Hopi Reservations last week with 3 physicians. 3 days, 9 facilities. It was long days, but a productive trip. Two of the three physicians had never been in the area before. We were in the vicinity of some amazing scenery and I hadn't for those who had never been there to not see anything. But we were on a tight schedule. So I let them have very quick peeks at some amazing places. One of those was Monument Valley. It is an amazing place and truly no photo can do justice to the feel, majesty and ambiance of the place. But here are a few anyway.

The Navajos have opened a beautiful hotel right at Monument Valley called the View. Every room has a balcony that overlooks the valley. It would really be an amazing place to stay and I hope to one day. This is the chimmney stack of the fireplace in the main lobby.

The two mittens.

Balconies overlooking the valley.

The three sisters.

I think they were getting ready to take a load of tourists for a ride, but looked like this guy was just posing for us.

The 3 brothers in front of the 3 sisters.

Me, the time keeper!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Beautiful! I can't believe I haven't been there.

Anonymous said...

Great photos, but I know what you mean about not doing justice to the ambiance and all! Great quick peeks none the less!