Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Dinner in the Park 2014

The past few years, I have put on an End of the heat potluck. This year, I changed it up a bit. I thought it would be fun to have one of those fancy looking dinners, like you see in magazines, where you have all the nice dishes, etc in a nice setting. The nicest nearby setting I could come up with was Indian School Steele Park. It's a really nice park, close to home.
I spent a month or so before gathering things to make it happen. Lots of trips to Goodwill for plates, napkins and some glasses. I borrowed some other glasses from Penny and Jeff. Cindy, Sue and the Hatches loaned me tables. Cindy also brought the mason jar candle holders she made for her daughters wedding. Jeff also let me use his former curtain fabric as table cloths. I bought a chafing dish. (Melanie thought that was hilarious. A dish that chafes you?) I also bought a couple of drink dispensers and some extra knifes.
I provided a main dish and everyone brought a chair and a side dish or dessert. It was a beautiful evening. I had to keep careful tabs on numbers doing it this way, and make an adult only event.

I had lots of help getting things set up. Thank goodness for good friends.

Penny and Cecelia


Lynnora, Sue and Helle

Cindy and Melanie

The sunset was amazing. It started pretty and just got better and better.



 Bob and Lynne ran home and got lanterns for us. It was too dark to eat by the little tea lights. And Helle had one in her car too. Next time I know to plan for that. But what a nice evening, good food and good company.
 Jeff made it.
 James and Elizabeth.
 Rick and Myrenda.
 Lynne

 Lynnora and Tiffany.
 Penny and Cathy.
 Cathy, Bob, Lynne and Helle.
Somehow I didn't get a photo of James and Lisa. Seth and Keegan won't let me post their photo.
A great night!

No comments: