Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cryyyying Over You

You know those getting to know you lists that folks forward to you over the internet? Things like what is your favorit color, movie, etc. I know one I have gotten several times has said, When did you last cry? The friends who have sent me their answers often said "This morning" or "Last night". I was shocked by that.
Today I got an email from a grade school classmate that said she had cried twice today.
I don't know if I am unusual or if it's because I don't have anybody around to really upset me, but I rarely cry. At least not because of emotional upset. I mean I might get a little teary over a movie or something, but I don't think that really counts. If things are really awful at work I might cry. I used to cry over my friend Geoff pretty often, but not too often now. Probably because he lives in Chicago.
I'd like to think I'm just pretty emotionally stable. At least that's how I feel. So what do you all think?

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

People's responses about crying surprise me too. Although, I have found I have had tears over things in the past couple years more than the past 20 years. Why is that? I don't know. I think I'm just falling apart in general.

JanetinMN said...

I don't cry much either. Last time I remember was when our new dog was hit by a tractor and killed - but I think I cried more as a reaction to my daughter's tears than losing the dog! I'm not a crier.... I'm a stoic! And maybe that's not so good.