I find it interesting that even now my food tastes can change. There are several things I like now, that I didn't like as a child. Raw onions, canteloupe, zucchini, etc. I have always liked oatmeal. For some reason, in the last couple of months, I have fallen in love with oatmeal. I don't know why. I can't eat it when I am being strict on my diet. And I covet it when I can't. And now, I seem to have found all kinds of fancy ways to eat it. Here is a list of some of them:
1. Brown suar, raisins and cinnamon
2. dried apricots
3. Carrot cake (grated carrots, coconut, raisins and cinnamon)
4. Pumpkin Pie (pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg)
6. Chocolate (put in a packet of instant cocoa)
7. Peanut butter and jelly ( one of my favorites!)
8. maple syrup
9. blueberry syrup and blueberries
10. apples and cinnamon
And seriously, I really like it the more rustic type of oats the better. I like the steel cut Irish oats from Trader Joe's. The hospital cafeteria makes great oatmeal in the mornings. It's definately not the quick cooking kind. And oatmeal is a whole grain and high in fiber, so it's good to add to your diet.
Do hoe fo you like your oatmeal? And is there a food you like now that you didn't used to?