Sunday, July 31, 2011

Last of Idaho

Just a few last photos and things from Idaho.

A days worth of eggs collected from my sister's hens. I made a huge frittata while I was there with these eggs.

Dillon, my sister's nephew. (My nephew-in-law?) This little guy was a hard worker while I was there. While we were all on vacation or plain not working, he was milking in the morning and at night. We often had to wait for this 12 year old to finish up his work so he could come along and have fun with us. Sometimes we were impatient. One of the kids would be calling him on his cell phone telling him if he didn't hurry we were going to leave him behind. The poor guy was running in the milk barn trying to get done. I think we needed to cut this industrious boy a little slack.

My neice, Karliegh.

The park in downtown Rexburg where we had our picnic after the bear park. I had never been there before. It was fun to see BYU Idaho where so many kids I know have gone.

My sister Janet.

Karliegh and Daniel both claimed to have never ridden a carosel. There was one at the park and so they rode it. Afterwards, Daniel was mortified to have been the oldest kid on it. Just embrace life and it's experiences Daniel!
I had also heard that Daniel and Karliegh didn't get along that well. I only saw them getting along thick as theives. The rode the carosel together.

And shared an Ipod most of the day.

Ok, so there are some things about Idaho that I sometimes think are a little odd. Like the obession with guns. So I think here is one of the reasons. Look how young they are starting these kids out with some real firepower!

Grain elevators are a common Idaho sight.

Daniel's butt. This is not a patient kid. He was tired of waiting for people to get out of the van in front of him and so decided to bail out the back.

An interesting machine going by on the railroad.

The little post office where my sister is the postmistress. Unless a miracle occurs, it will likely close in the next few years.

Folk art at the Clifton convience store, Papa Jay's. By the way they make the best beef jerky in the world here. You can order it online.

A racer that was in the road on our way home from an evening drive. It was over 6 feet long.

A view towards the mountains behind my sister's house. The concentration of trees in the middle flat area is Oxford. I am going to be buried in the Oxford cemetary with my sister's family. It's in the foot hills you can see. And I think that is a fitting place to end!

3 comments:

Christina Martinez said...

Looks like you had fun! Great picture!

Anonymous said...

Nice photo epilogue!

Anonymous said...

Buried in Idaho! Hopefully that's an example of your long range plan, Sue!