Saturday, April 2, 2011

Santa Margarita KOA

On our trip to the central California coast, we stayed in a Kamping Lodge at the Santa Margarita KOA. It was a budget minded choice. It was an 11 hour drive there from Phoenix, but when we got there, we were pleasantly surprized.

This is the site that greeted us. They had left us a note at the office. It was already closed. They told us to go to the Kamping Lodge and had left the door open and the lights on for us. It was very welcoming.

This is what it looked like during the day. It was a cute cabin. Some of the sleeping accomodations were tight, but it was a nice place.

This was where I slept. It's a small kind of closet space with two twin bunks. There was no floor space for my suit case so I put it on the bottom bunk and climbed the ladder to the top one. By the time I figured out all the things that would make it more comfortable, it was time for us to go.

Here are my cabin mates.

Our dining room, kitchen,living room. You can see my closet/bedroom right behind the table. We had been upgraded. We were supposed to stay in a slightly less posh place. They had a lot of rain in the area over the last few weeks. With the rain, there had been some flooding. The people who rented the place we were supposed to have, got their car stuck in the mud for 3 days. I went for a walk around the campground and here are some of the sites I saw.

The volleyball court. Adds  a new meaning to "beach volleyball".


This campside is definately streamside. I felt very lucky that they had put us where they did! It was a pretty area though and we saw lots of wild life. I was woken up one morning by the gobbling of wild turkeys!

No comments: